- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
The Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) Committee works with stakeholders in the disability community to develop recommendations that improve outcomes for individuals accessing the PDD program, their families and communities.
The PDD program helps adults with developmental disabilities get services to live as independently as possible in their community.
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Participants in the review and forums included self-advocates, families, community disability workers, service providers, government staff, community organizations and members of the public.
The committee is reviewing previous input and developing recommendations to:
- improve outcomes
- clarify roles and responsibilities
- improve program efficiency and sustainability
- reduce red tape
- encourage innovation
The committee will focus on 5 key areas:
- the program mandate
- how needs are assessed
- expanding Family Managed Services
- alternative home-living supports
- delivery models and the role of government and civil society
The committee is examining the program mandate and working groups will be formed to explore the other key areas.
The committee will provide recommendations to government in early 2021.
Last updated: January 21, 2021