COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Institutions offering locked-in pension products
All banks, credit unions, trust companies and insurance companies offering the following products to customers must be on the Superintendent’s List of Financial Institutions offering locked-in pension products, in order to accept transfers of locked-in funds:
- Locked-in Retirement Accounts (LIRAs)
- Life Income Funds (LIFs)
- Locked-in Retirement Income Funds (LRIFs)
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
How to be included on the list
To be acknowledged on the list, the financial institution must file the following prescribed certification form with the Superintendent's Office:
- Application for Inclusion on List of Acknowledged Financial Institutions (PDF, 161 KB) (Form 22, effective January 1, 2015)
Once approved to offer Alberta LIF and LIRA contracts, a copy of the appropriate LIRA or LIF addendum must be provided to LIRA and LIF owners. You can also find these documents on our Forms page.
Current list of financial institutions offering locked-in pension products
Pension plans registered in Alberta
Annual pensions statistics reports
Sign up for updates
Pension plans registered under the Employment Pension Plans Act (EPPA)
Connect with the Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Pensions:
Alberta Superintendent of Pensions
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy
402 Terrace Building
9515 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3
Public sector pensions
Contact the following for information on:
- Alberta Teachers’ Pension Plans: Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund Board
- Local Authorities Pension Plan: LAPP Contact
- Public Service Pension Plan: PSPP Contact
- Special Forces Pension Plan: SFPP Contact
- Universities Academic Pension Plan: UAPP Contact
- All other Alberta Public Sector Pension Plans: Alberta Pensions Services Corporation
- Federal pension plans: Canada Pension Plan or Old Age Security
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.