The Pensions Online Filing System (https://pensionfilings.alberta.ca/) is the secure website for pension plans registered in Alberta, to file documents with the Alberta Superintendent of Pensions.
Annual Information Return and Cost Certificate
In accordance with Section 38(1)(a) of the Employment Pension Plans Act (EPPA) and Section 47 of the Employment Pension Plans Regulation (Regulation):
- the annual information return (AIR) must be filed within 180 days of the fiscal year end of the plan
- the cost certificate (CC) and actuarial valuation must be filed within 270 days of the review date of a plan with one or more benefit formula provisions
The filing of these documents through this system is mandatory, effective October 1, 2014.
The following forms are working copies only, to assist you with online filing using the system:
- Annual Information Return (PDF, 150 KB)
Form 19 - see related EPPA Update 18-02 (PDF, 138 KB)
- Cost Certificate (PDF, 344 KB)
Form 20 – see related EPPA Update 18-04 (PDF, 242 KB)
Who can use the system
The site is intended for the use of Plan Administrators and their designated representatives.
The following documents are available:
Sign up for updates
Pension plans registered under the Employment Pension Plans Act (EPPA)
Connect with the Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Pensions:
Alberta Superintendent of Pensions
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy
402 Terrace Building
9515 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3
Public sector pensions
Contact the following for information on:
- Alberta Teachers’ Pension Plans: Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund Board
- Local Authorities Pension Plan: LAPP Contact
- Public Service Pension Plan: PSPP Contact
- Special Forces Pension Plan: SFPP Contact
- Universities Academic Pension Plan: UAPP Contact
- All other Alberta Public Sector Pension Plans: Alberta Pensions Services Corporation
- Federal pension plans: Canada Pension Plan or Old Age Security
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.