This course is for parents or guardians who are separating or getting a divorce. Sometimes the course is required, or you can voluntarily take the course.
The course is required:
- before you file a divorce application or a Family Law Act application in the Court of Queen’s Bench
- if a judge directs you to take it
Course topics include:
- building relationships
- how separation affects parents
- how separation affects children
- communication skills
- legal issues
- alternative dispute resolution
- parenting plans
Download the Parenting After Separation (PAS) parent’s guide.
For more information, read the parenting after separation factsheet.
Take the course online
Register at Resolution Services Learning Centre to access the Parenting after Separation eCourse.
Take the course in person
The only programs approved and supported by the Government of Alberta are:
- Parenting After Separation (PAS)
- Parenting After Separation for Families in High Conflict (PASHC)
- Focus on Communication in Separation (FOCIS)
Contact us for general information about the course.