The Municipal Government Act (MGA) requires that each municipality and regional services commission prepare statistical and financial information returns. These reports, including the annual municipal auditor's reports, should be submitted to Municipal Affairs by the dates specified in the MGA. The following links provide detailed information regarding reporting requirements.
- Municipal Statistical Return
- Financial Returns and Sample Statements
- Reporting for Regional Service Commissions
Tools and resources
- Municipal Corporate Planning Guide (PDF, 664 KB)
- Municipal Corporate Planning Templates
- Municipal asset management
- Example Tax Rate Bylaw (DOC, 106 KB)
- Property Tax Bylaw Workbook (XLSX, 21 KB)
Milenet is the online portal which provides access to financial reporting forms and the Municipal Financial Indicator Graphs. For information on interpreting the graphs or to inquire about access to the Milenet site, please contact a Municipal Advisor via the contact information below.
Access to Milenet is restricted to municipal staff of each municipality. A valid Milenet agreement is required before access can be provided.
Municipal financial and statistical information
Archived financial data and statistics
The following compressed files (.zip format) contain individual spreadsheets for each schedule required for the financial reporting year. If assistance is required on the interpretation of these files, please contact a Municipal Advisor.
- 2007-2012 Municipal Financial Data and Statistics (ZIP, 10.1 MB)
- 2003-2006 Municipal Financial Data and Statistics (ZIP, 8.53 MB)
- 1994-2002 Municipal Financial Data and Statistics (ZIP, 20.8 MB)
Municipal financial data and statistics from prior to 1994 are not available at this time.
To connect with the Municipal Advisory team at Alberta Municipal Affairs: