COVID-19: A state of public health emergency is being declared. New mandatory measures to bend the curve of cases are in effect. Learn more.
The application deadline for this program is October 31 of each year.
The Municipal Grant Program was established in 2006 to support the costs of beetle control operations for municipalities. The program provides funding and expert advice to municipalities that support mountain pine beetle (MPB) management on municipal and private lands. Activities may include:
- ground surveys and mapping
- treatment of infested trees
- communication, education and outreach efforts
- prevention of additional attack
- project management
Funds may be awarded to municipalities with trees infested with MPB and whose management programs align directly with Alberta's overall objectives of:
- containing infestations and minimizing the spread of MPB north and south along the eastern slopes of Alberta
- preventing the spread of MPB eastward further into the boreal forest
How to apply
Step 1. Read the guidelines
Step 2. Complete the application package
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Fill out the MPB Municipal Grant Funding Program – Grant Application Form (PDF, 163 KB)
Include the Acknowledgement form in your application package:
- MPB Control Program – Acknowledgement of Compliance (PDF, 81 KB)
Step 3. Submit the application package
The municipality must submit the completed application to the local Forest Health Officer by or before October 31, or by the extended deadline as approved by the local Forest Health Officer.
Email: [email protected]