The application deadline for this program is October 31 of each year.
The Municipal Grant Program was established in 2006 to support the costs of beetle control operations for municipalities. The program provides funding and expert advice to municipalities that support mountain pine beetle (MPB) management on municipal and private lands. Activities may include:
- ground surveys and mapping
- treatment of infested trees
- communication, education and outreach efforts
- prevention of additional attack
- project management
Funds may be awarded to municipalities with trees infested with MPB and whose management programs align directly with Alberta's overall objectives of:
- containing infestations and minimizing the spread of MPB north and south along the eastern slopes of Alberta
- preventing the spread of MPB eastward further into the boreal forest
How to apply
Step 1. Read the guidelines
- MPB Municipal Grant Funding Program – Program Overview and Guidelines (PDF, 534 KB)
- MPB Municipal Grant Funding Program – Funding Priorities (PDF, 242 KB)
Step 2. Complete the application package
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
Fill out the MPB Municipal Grant Funding Program – Grant Application Form (PDF, 163 KB)
Step 3. Submit the application package
The municipality must submit the completed application to the local Forest Health Officer by or before October 31, or by the extended deadline as approved by the local Forest Health Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.