Supports Albertans experiencing addiction and mental health challenges by:
- implementing a comprehensive recovery-oriented system of care
- increasing access to evidence-based services and supports
- funding community-based programs and services
- licensing addiction and mental health service providers
- ensuring mental health and addiction services are safe and high quality
- Nov 25, 2022
Alberta’s government will expand opioid addiction supports to youth and young adults to support recovery and prevent overdose deaths.
- Nov 23, 2022
Alberta’s government is investing more than $15 million over three years to help connect Albertans to local addiction and mental health services.
- Nov 20, 2022
Minister of Mental Health and Addiction Nicholas Milliken issued the following statement on National Addictions Awareness Week: