The Land-use Framework (LUF) sets out an approach to managing our province's land and natural resources to achieve Alberta’s long-term economic, environmental and social goals. The LUF establishes seven new land-use regions and calls for the development of a regional plan for each.
LUF is about:
- improving provincial leadership on land-use issues through policy direction and guidelines;
- taking a new approach to manage public and private lands and natural resources to achieve Alberta's long-term economic, environmental and social goals;
- increasing certainty for industry through integration and coordination of provincial policy and aligned planning and decision-making;
- encouraging stewardship and conservation on public and private lands;
- clarifying roles and responsibilities for land-use decisions at all levels; and
- improved information sharing.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.