IQAS follows global standards for best practices when assessing credentials from other countries. We are a partner in the national Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada.
- After you apply for an IQAS certificate, your documents are reviewed for consistency and evidence of tampering or alteration.
- IQAS may contact your educational institution directly to check your application for accuracy.
- IQAS will not assess credentials it suspects are altered or fraudulent.
- IQAS conducts educational assessments using original language documents and their English translations.
- Translations are checked for accuracy.
Recognition of institution
- IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
- The institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution.
- The institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country.
- Review your country’s educational institution recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria.
Evaluation of educational programs
When reviewing your application, IQAS checks:
- level of education
- duration of study
- general content of study
- function of program
General Statement of Comparison
IQAS issues a statement that compares your international program of study to a similar program of study in Canada. This statement appears on your assessment certificate.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.