IQAS follows global standards for best practices when assessing credentials from other countries. We are a partner in the national Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada.
- After you apply for an IQAS certificate, your documents are reviewed for consistency and evidence of tampering or alteration.
- IQAS may contact your educational institution directly to check your application for accuracy.
- IQAS will not assess credentials it suspects are altered or fraudulent.
- IQAS conducts educational assessments using original language documents and their English translations.
- Translations are checked for accuracy.
Recognition of institution
- IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
- The institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution.
- The institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country.
- Review your country’s educational institution recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria.
Evaluation of educational programs
When reviewing your application, IQAS checks:
- level of education
- duration of study
- general content of study
- function of program
General Statement of Comparison
IQAS issues a statement that compares your international program of study to a similar program of study in Canada. This statement appears on your assessment certificate.