COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance provides the following information for consumers:
- Lists of Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies (licensed in Alberta, and no longer licensed in Alberta), including Complaint Liaison Officers. This page also contains Financial Data for Alberta Incorporated Insurance Companies.
- Automobile Insurance Policies, Certificates and Application Forms; Endorsements; information on Automobile Insurance Complaints; Automobile Accident Benefit Claim and Prescribed Forms and What to do in an Automobile Collision. Also includes information on insurance and transportation network companies (ride-for-hire services).
- Insurance-related information on floods, wildfires, voluntary sector, property insurance and preparing for emergencies.
- Information about insurance claim or policy complaints, including the Dispute Resolution Process, insurance conduct complaints and insurance industry information.
- Information for consumers and special brokers related to unlicensed insurance.
Insurance industry information
Disclaimer: Links to other websites are provided solely for your convenience. The Government of Alberta does not control, endorse, or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness of other websites, and is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Read our complete disclaimer.
Insurance Bureau of Canada
Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CLHIA)
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association
- All CLHIA consumer publications
- A guide to the coordination of benefits
- A guide to disability insurance
- A guide to life insurance
- A guide to long-term care insurance
- A guide to supplementary health insurance
- A guide to travel health insurance
- Key facts about segregated fund contracts
- Questions about life annuities
Sign up for updates
If you have trouble opening fillable PDF forms, see the Forms page for instructions.
Connect with the Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance:
Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy
402 Terrace Building
9515 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.