Alberta is a great place to start your own business. Albertans have an entrepreneurial spirit supported by a young, educated, and diverse workforce. Starting a business is easy in Alberta as we have the lowest corporate tax in Canada and no provincial sales tax.
We welcome talented newcomers and job-creating entrepreneurs who will move to, live and work in Alberta.
Learn how you can live permanently in Alberta through the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream.
- Interested and prospective applicants may email: [email protected] if you have questions or need help with your application.
Here are some resources to help you start your business in Alberta.
Small businesses in Alberta
Alberta leads the country in small business creation.
Find out how to start a business in Alberta, operate a business and obtain licenses and permits for small businesses.
The Business Link offers services for immigrant entrepreneurs. These services include:
- one-on-one coaching supports
- informative resources, guidebooks and checklists
- training and workshops
- network referral building
Community Futures Alberta
Community Futures Network of Alberta (CFNA) offers small business development and rural economic development through their 27 Community Futures offices throughout rural Alberta.
Services offered by Community Futures offices include:
- helping you write a business plan
- marketing plan or business expansion strategy
- one-on-one coaching and business mentoring