Minister Jason Copping
Jason Copping was sworn in as Minister of Health on September 21, 2021.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Health outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Health Care Action Plan – Taking urgent action to provide Albertans with world-class health care where and when they need it most.
Alberta Surgical Initiative – Driving down surgical wait times to ensure Albertans receive surgery within clinically recommended times.
Health Workforce Strategy – supporting current health care workers and building Alberta’s future workforce.
Health Budget highlights – Alberta has the best front-line health care workers in the world and Budget 2023 provides the right supports to ensure Albertans get the care they need when and where they need it.
Modernizing Alberta’s Primary Health Care System (MAPS) – Identifying immediate and long-term improvements to strengthen Alberta’s primary health care system.
- Find active environmental and health advisories.
- Find interactive aggregate data on COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
- Find interactive health data and statistics on various health topics.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Office of Alberta Health Advocates
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2023 is securing Alberta's future.
- Apr 28, 2023
Minister of Health Jason Copping issued the following statement on receiving the final reports from the Modernizing Alberta’s Primary Health Care System (MAPS) panels:
- Apr 26, 2023
Albertans are seeing ambulances arriving sooner and shorter wait times for surgeries and emergency care.
- Apr 25, 2023
Budget 2023 ensures continuing care residents live in modern buildings and in their own private spaces, where they will receive the personalized care and supports they need.