Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Feb 02, 2023HCAP: Faster response times for 911 calls | PASS : Délais d’intervention plus rapides aux appels au 911
Through the Health Care Action Plan (HCAP), Alberta Health Services has launched a new EMS-811 Shared Response program so every Albertan receives appropriate levels of care.
- Jan 23, 2023HCAP: Lowering surgical wait times in Calgary | PASS : réduire les temps d’attente en chirurgie à Calgary
Albertans will have access to thousands more publicly funded orthopedic surgeries at Calgary chartered surgical facilities as part of the Health Care Action Plan (HCAP).
- Jan 18, 2023First shipment of children’s medication arrives | Arrivée de la première cargaison de médicaments pour enfants
Alberta’s first shipment of children’s liquid acetaminophen has arrived and will be distributed to hospitals across the province immediately.