COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Jan 20, 2022
Alberta is taking immediate actions to protect Albertans and health-care system capacity as hospitalizations from COVID-19 rise.
- Jan 20, 2022
Minister of Health Jason Copping and Alberta Medical Association (AMA) president Dr. Michelle Warren are issuing the following update on physician negotiations:
- Jan 18, 2022Immunocompromised Albertans eligible for fourth dose | Les Albertaines et les Albertains immunodéprimés peuvent recevoir une quatrième dose
More than 80,000 Albertans will soon be able to receive fourth doses of COVID-19 vaccine to bolster immunity.