Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Minister Jason Copping
Jason Copping was sworn in as Minister of Health on September 21, 2021.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Health outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Government is investing $100 million to help hospitals across the province upgrade their operating rooms to provide thousands more surgeries to Albertans.
Driving down wait-times for surgery through the Alberta Surgical Initiative to ensure Albertans receive surgery within clinically recommended times.
Government is providing up to $2.2 million per year to expand the Kottakinoona Awaahkapiiyaawa (Bringing the Spirit Home) safe withdrawal management site from 6 beds to 24.
The cystic fibrosis drug Kalydeco is now covered for patients 6 years and older with one of an additional 8 genetic mutations and adults with one specific genetic mutation.
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Mar 23, 2023
Minister of Health Jason Copping issued the following statement on chartered surgical facilities:
- Mar 23, 2023
Budget 2023 invests $3 million over three years to advance the planning for a new, stand-alone Stollery Children’s Hospital.
- Mar 20, 2023Children’s medication on way to pharmacies | Les médicaments pour enfants sont en route vers les pharmacies
Alberta families can soon purchase children’s liquid pain and fever medication from their local pharmacies.