- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2022 is moving Alberta forward by building health system capacity, getting more Albertans working, and balancing the budget.
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Dec 06, 2022
To combat the shortage of children’s pain and fever medicine, the province has secured five million bottles of children’s acetaminophen and ibuprofen for Alberta families.
- Dec 05, 2022
Alberta’s government is ensuring doctors have stable and predictable funding so they can focus on providing high-quality health care.
- Dec 01, 2022
Minister of Health Jason Copping issued the following statement on World AIDS Day: