Articles written by Minister Tyler Shandro
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- It’s still flu season. Learn more about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
- Health Advocates
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Dental fees in Alberta
The 2019 dental fee guide will help you save money during your next trip to the dentist.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Jul 10, 2020
Minister of Health Tyler Shandro issued the following statement on Alberta’s physician compensation framework:
- Jul 09, 2020
The Alberta government has filed its statement of defence in response to the Alberta Medical Association’s (AMA) statement of claim.
- Jul 06, 2020
Updates to health legislation will strengthen the role of Albertans in our health system, help reduce surgical wait times and modernize the system so it can be more effective.