COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Focus on continuing care
There are 2 initiatives concurrently underway to explore opportunities to improve Alberta’s continuing care system.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Sep 19, 2021
Albertans will now have a simpler, more convenient way to get proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
- Sep 17, 2021
Daily vaccine doses nearly tripled on Sept. 16, as more than 3.1 million Albertans are now vaccinated with at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Sep 15, 2021New vaccine requirements and COVID-19 measures in Alberta | De nouvelles exigences relatives à la vaccination et mesures liées à la COVID-19 seront mises en œuvre en Alberta
Alberta has declared a state of public health emergency and will implement new health measures to expand capacity, increase vaccination rates and reduce transmission of COVID-19.