- Take action to protect yourself and others and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- Learn about influenza and how you can protect yourself.
- Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is safe. Get facts on the health risks of using cannabis at www.drugsafe.ca
- Alberta offers a range of addiction care services. Albertans can choose a path that makes sense for them.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Ministry staff directory
- Mental Health Patient Advocate
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Dental fees in Alberta
The 2019 dental fee guide will help you save money during your next trip to the dentist.
Help in tough times
Services and resources to help you in stressful times.
Alberta's opioid crisis response
How Alberta is responding to the increase in fentanyl- and opioid-related deaths in our province.
- Jan 15, 2021
Minister of Health Tyler Shandro issued the following statement on the delay of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
- Jan 14, 2021
As COVID-19 case numbers decrease, some restrictions will be eased next week. Continue to follow public health restrictions to protect others as well as the health-care system.
- Jan 14, 2021
Language describing case numbers of COVID-19 in schools is being updated based on feedback from education partners – including parents, schools and boards.