A greenhouse is a controllable, dynamic system managed for intensive production of high quality, fresh market produce. Greenhouses allows for crop production under diverse conditions. However, greenhouse growers have to manage a number of variables to get maximum sustainable production from their crops, including:
- air and root zone temperature
- fertilizer feed
- growing media
- plant maintenance
This section provides information on optimizing these variables, to get maximum performance from the crop over the production season.
Other greenhouse resources
- Commercial Greenhouse Production in Alberta
- Commercial Greenhouse Vegetable Production
- Development of Greenhouse Lettuce Growing Techniques in Alberta
- Diseases of Fruits and Vegetables
- Economics of Production and Marketing of Greenhouse Crops in Alberta
- Emerging Virus and Viroid Disease Risks on Greenhouse Crops
- Greenhouse Sanitation
- Managing cucumber green mottle mosaic virus in Alberta greenhouses
- Pests of Greenhouse Sweet Peppers and their Biological Control
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.