Grants for service dog organizations
Organizations on the Qualified List can apply for funding to increase the availability of qualified service dogs for Albertans.
August 31: 2017: Deadline to request a pre-application interview
- Grant applications submitted without a pre-application interview will not be considered.
September 30, 2017: Grant application deadline
Organizations that have been placed on the Qualified List are eligible to apply for funding to help increase the availability of qualified service dogs for Albertans.
Funding may be available to:
- prepare the organization to meet Qualified List requirements
- initiate or expand services to meet community needs for service dogs
- provide pre-assessment training opportunities for owner-managed service dogs to increase competency for the assessment
- provide service dog qualification assessments
Organizations can apply for funding under one or more categories.
Organizations applying for funding must:
- have been approved to apply for placement on the Qualified List
- be an approved member of, or hold candidacy status with, Assistance Dogs International
- operate in Alberta
How to apply
Organizations applying for funding must contact the Service Dogs Assessment Team to request a pre-application interview. Application documents and guidelines will be provided following the interview.
Service Dog Assessment Team
Community and Social Services
3rd Floor Standard Life Centre
10405 Jasper Ave NW
Edmonton AB T5J 4R7