Organizations that have been placed on the list of approved service dog organizations are eligible to apply for funding to help increase the availability of qualified service dogs for Albertans.
Funding may be available to:
- prepare the organization to meet approved service dog organization requirements
- initiate or expand services to meet community needs for service dogs
- provide pre-assessment training opportunities for owner-managed service dogs to increase competency for the assessment
- provide service dog qualification assessments
Organizations can apply for funding under one or more categories.
Organizations applying for funding must:
- have been approved to apply for placement on the list of approved service dog organizations
- be an approved member of, or hold candidacy status with, Assistance Dogs International
- operate in Alberta
How to apply
Organizations applying for funding must contact the Service Dogs Assessment Team to request a pre-application interview. Application documents and guidelines will be provided following the interview.
Connect with the Service Dog Assessment Team:
Service Dog Assessment Team
Community and Social Services
12th Floor Telus House (South Tower)
10020 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0N3
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.