Organizations that have been placed on the list of approved service dog organizations are eligible to apply for funding to help increase the availability of qualified service dogs for Albertans.
Funding may be available to:
- prepare the organization to meet approved service dog organization requirements
- initiate or expand services to meet community needs for service dogs
- provide pre-assessment training opportunities for owner-managed service dogs to increase competency for the assessment
- provide service dog qualification assessments
Organizations can apply for funding under one or more categories.
Organizations applying for funding must:
- have been approved to apply for placement on the list of approved service dog organizations
- be an approved member of, or hold candidacy status with, Assistance Dogs International
- operate in Alberta
How to apply
Organizations applying for funding must contact the Service Dogs Assessment Team to request a pre-application interview. Application documents and guidelines will be provided following the interview.
Connect with the Service Dog Assessment Team:
Government of Alberta, Guide and Service Dogs
Civil Society and Community Initiatives Branch
Seniors, Community and Social Services
4th Floor, 9920 108 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2M4
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.