Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Forestry, Parks and Tourism is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- supporting Alberta’s vibrant tourism industry
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- Dec 12, 2022
Alberta’s government is working to ensure Calgary’s Fish Creek Provincial Park will be enjoyed by Albertans for generations to come.
- Dec 06, 2022
Population surveys indicate a sharp decline in trees killed by mountain pine beetle for the fourth consecutive year.
- Nov 30, 2022
This year, more than 10 million visitors have explored Alberta’s provincial parks, engaged in outdoor recreation opportunities and contributed to local economies.