Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Minister Todd Loewen
Todd Loewen was sworn in as the Minister of Forestry, Parks and Tourism on October 24, 2022.
The Premier's mandate letter to the Minister of Forestry, Parks and Tourism outlines the objectives and priorities of the work they will focus on in their role.
Forestry, Parks and Tourism is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- supporting Alberta’s vibrant tourism industry
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- Mar 30, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing in campgrounds and trails to ensure Albertans can access high-quality and low-cost recreation sites.
- Feb 27, 2023
Wildland firefighters, supported airtankers and other specialized equipment are ready for the wildfire season ahead.
- Feb 17, 2023
Alberta’s government is improving access to snowmobile and off-highway vehicle trails by collaborating with recreational organizations.