Minister Todd Loewen
Todd Loewen was sworn in as the Minister of Forestry and Parks on June 9, 2023.
The Ministry of Forestry, Parks and Tourism became the Ministry of Forestry and Parks on June 9, 2023. The programs and services listed below may not reflect our new structure. Information will be updated soon.
Forestry, Parks and Tourism is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- supporting Alberta’s vibrant tourism industry
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- May 18, 2023
Albertans planning to recreate on Crown land this weekend are asked to put safety first to reduce the risk of wildfire.
- Apr 26, 2023
Alberta’s government is recognizing the role ranchers play in managing Crown rangelands by establishing a Rangeland Grazing Framework.
- Apr 04, 2023
Alberta’s government is supporting a diversified tourism industry that will create jobs and economic growth across the province.