The Ministry of Forestry, Parks and Tourism became the Ministry of Forestry and Parks on June 9, 2023. The programs and services listed below may not reflect our new structure. Information will be updated soon.
The Ministry of Forestry and Parks is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- enabling access to public lands for recreational and commercial purposes while prioritizing conservation
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- Nov 23, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing in the provincial trail system and creating new recreation, tourism and economic development opportunities.
- Nov 17, 2023
Alberta’s government is providing $1 million in funding to enhance activity on non-motorized trails on public lands.
- Nov 3, 2023
Alberta’s 2023 wildfire season was the province’s busiest on record, with the largest area ever burned.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.