The Ministry of Forestry, Parks and Tourism became the Ministry of Forestry and Parks on June 9, 2023. The programs and services listed below may not reflect our new structure. Information will be updated soon.
The Ministry of Forestry and Parks is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- enabling access to public lands for recreational and commercial purposes while prioritizing conservation
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- Mar 1, 2024
Budget 2024 enables Alberta to make use of leading-edge technologies to prevent and respond to wildfires.
- Feb 29, 2024
Budget 2024 is a responsible plan that keeps Alberta communities safe and secure.
- Feb 20, 2024
Alberta’s government has declared an early start to the 2024 wildfire season, 10 days earlier than usual, and is encouraging Albertans to proactively prepare.