The Ministry of Forestry, Parks and Tourism became the Ministry of Forestry and Parks on June 9, 2023. The programs and services listed below may not reflect our new structure. Information will be updated soon.
Forestry, Parks and Tourism is responsible for:
- growing Alberta’s environmentally responsible wood products and forestry sector
- protecting Alberta’s forests from wildfire
- preserving our provincial parks for the recreation and enjoyment of Albertans
- supporting Alberta’s vibrant tourism industry
- managing public lands and balancing sustainable rangelands and grazing leases for Alberta producers
- Sep 25, 2023
Alberta’s government is releasing a new, science-based management framework to recognize feral horses and ensure their future sustainability.
- Sep 18, 2023
Minister of Forestry and Parks Todd Loewen issued the following statement on Bertie Beaver’s 65th birthday and National Forest Week:
- Sep 13, 2023
A unique draw opportunity to participate in a hunt that helps sustain the wood bison population is now open.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.