The Feedlot Investment Risk Simulation Tool (FIR$T):
- uses computer simulation to forecast cost of gain, expected profit and breakeven levels, along with the associated risks
- incorporates your highest, most likely and lowest estimates for 4 key cattle marketing variables (feed grain price, cattle futures price, basis and currency exchange rate)
- adds risk evaluation to the process by calculating your expected Return on Equity (ROE) as well as the probability associated with that return
- presents these results in easy-to-understand tables and graphs
- is designed to analyze and compare up to 6 cattle feeding opportunities at once
- is intended for the evaluation of cattle feeding situations within the province of Alberta. See “Limitations of FIR$T” in the User Guide
- Pentium with Intel, Celeron or AMD Processor.
- This version has been designed to run on Windows 2000 and XP. Its performance with other operating systems has not been determined.
Estimated file size is: 1.5 MB
Estimated download time: Approximately 5 minutes on 28.8K modem
Please read this carefully. By downloading this software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement as set out below. If you do not agree to be bound, do not download this software.
- The software and any written materials that might accompany the electronic version of FIR$T ("written materials") are proprietary to and all rights except those expressly given herein remain with Her Majesty the Queen in right of Alberta ("Alberta Agriculture and Forestry").
- The software and written materials are protected by Canadian copyright law and international treaty provisions.
- You are hereby authorized to transfer the software to a single system.
- You may not copy written materials.
- You may not rent or lease the software but you may transfer all of your interest in it, accompanied by written materials, if you retain no copies and the recipient agrees to the terms of this agreement.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works from the software.
- In no event will Alberta Agriculture and Forestry be liable to you for any claims, costs, losses or damages, including without limitation, lost profits or lost data arising out of the use or inability to use the software or any data or any advice supplied therein.
Notice of Collection:
The information on this form that may identify you will be used to notify you electronically of the posting of updates to the "FIR$T" program on the website. Data collected will be used only, in addition to the aforementioned purposes, to assist us in internally monitoring the variety and location of clients utilizing the program, evaluate the effectiveness of the program, and thereby to enhance the effectiveness and utilization of FIR$T. The information is being collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. It is subject to the provisions of the FOIP Act.
Download a copy of the FIR$T software.
Please note: our phone lines are experiencing technical issues due to high traffic. If you are having problems getting through, contact us by email: email@example.com
Connect with the Ag-Info Centre: