Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
All bulletins are available through Open Government records:
All interpretations are available through Open Government records:
- 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 (Interpretations)
- 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 (Interpretations)
All variances are available through Open Government records.
- 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 (Variances)
- 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 (Variances)
- variance under the Safety Codes Act
Alberta Electrical Utility Code
Receive bulletins by email for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or province wide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act.
Safety Codes Act
Electrical Code Regulation
Certification and Permit Regulation
Forms and reports
- Incident report form (PDF, 173 KB)
Electrical incident statistics reports
- AFCI: Home Fire Prevention Technology
- AFCI Tripping Form
- New Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance for Electrical Equipment 2020 (NEMA)
- Evaluating Fire- and Heat-Damaged Electrical Equipment 2013 (NEMA)
- Evaluating Water-Damaged Electrical Equipment (NEMA)
- Safety Codes Council Master Electrician Program
- Safety Codes Council Safety Tips
- Healthy Canadians – Recalls and Safety Alerts Site
Connect with us if you have questions about safety codes:
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.