COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Electrical code bulletins are available through Open Government records:
All interpretations are available through Open Government records:
All variances are available through Open Government records.
Alberta Electrical Utility Code (AEUC)
Receive bulletins by email for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or province wide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act.
Safety Codes Act
Electrical Code Regulation
Certification and Permit Regulation
Forms and reports
Electrical incident statistics reports
- AFCI: Home Fire Prevention Technology (PDF, 349 KB)
- AFCI Tripping Form
- Variance under the Safety Codes Act
- New Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (PDF, 223 KB)
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance for Electrical Equipment 2020 (NEMA)
- Evaluating Fire- and Heat-Damaged Electrical Equipment 2013 (NEMA)
- Evaluating Water-Damaged Electrical Equipment (NEMA)
- Guidelines for Handling Water-Damaged Electrical Equipment (NEMA) (PDF, 59 KB)
- Safety Codes Council Master Electrician Program
- Aluminum Wiring in Residential Installations (PDF, 60 KB)
- Healthy Canadians – Recalls and Safety Alerts Site
For questions about safety codes, see Safety codes – Contact options.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.