COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Designated Alberta municipal drinking water and wastewater facilities must be approved to meet consistent, provincewide standards.
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
- Municipal Waterworks System - Application (PDF, 113 KB)
- Waterworks System Consisting Solely of a Water Distribution System - Application (PDF, 873 KB)
- Waterworks Systems Using High Quality Groundwater - Application (PDF, 961 KB)
Manuals and guides
- Guide to Requirements for Wastewater Systems Consisting Solely of a Wastewater Collection System
- Guide to Requirements for Wastewater Systems Using a Wastewater Lagoon
- Water Quality Based Effluent Limits Procedure Manual
- Municipal Mechanical Wastewater System - Application (PDF, 934 KB)
- Municipal Storm Drainage System - Application (PDF, 898 KB)
- Wastewater Collection Code of Practice Application (PDF, 853 KB)
- Wastewater Lagoon Code of Practice Application (PDF, 899 KB)
- Domestic Wastewater (Septic and Holding Tank) Application (PDF, 133 KB)
- Design and Construction of Liners for Municipal Wastewater Stabilization Ponds
- Policy and Report on the Use of Fine Bubble Aeration Tubing in Municipal Aerated Lagoons in Alberta
- Summary of Alberta Industrial Wastewater Limits and Monitoring Requirements
- Wastewater Management Review for the Fertilizer Manufacturing Sector
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.