EMERGENCY: Alberta has declared a Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19. Indoor social gatherings are the top source of transmission. All indoor social gatherings have now been banned. This ban will be enforced with $1,000 fines. Learn more
The November 2020, January 2021, April 2021, June 2021 and August 2021 diploma exams are optional due to COVID-19.
For further information see: Learning during COVID-19.
The Grade 12 Diploma Examinations Program has 3 main purposes:
- to certify the level of individual student achievement in selected Grade 12 courses
- to ensure that province-wide standards of achievement are maintained
- to report individual and group results
Find out more about Diploma exams.
November 2020 diploma exams
The November 2020 diploma exams are optional due to COVID-19. Students are encouraged to talk to their teachers about writing diploma exams.
There are circumstances where students need to write diploma exams, including, but not limited to:
- home education students if required by a post-secondary institution
- adult students who can write an exam without taking a course
- students who do not have a passing mark from their teacher
- students who want to raise their mark, or are interested to have a diploma exam mark on their transcript