Alberta's environmental legislation sets out clear rules and obligations for the protection, enhancement and wise use of the environment. Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) works with Albertans to ensure the quality of our environment is maintained, using an effective and efficient regulatory framework.
The Compliance Assurance Program has three areas of focus to ensure all Albertans continue to enjoy a clean and healthy environment: education, prevention and enforcement.
- 24 Hour Environmental Response Line (PDF, 148 KB)
- Climate Change and Emissions Management Act
- Compliance Assurance Activities and Enforcement Actions
- Compulsory Industry Monitoring
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Forests Act
- Prohibited Debris: Before you Burn... Learn!
- Public Lands Act
- Reporting Spills and Releases
- Storing and Disposing of Hazardous Waste and Recyclables
- Water Act
Compliance Assurance Annual Reports
To view the listing of Compliance Assurance Annual Reports, please visit the Open Government Portal at:
Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports
Listings of Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports, can be viewed on the Open Government Portal.
To view listings of Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports for the quarters of October 1, 2014 to present, please visit:
To view listings of Enforcement of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and Water Act Quarterly Reports for the quarters between the 2014 Third Quarter and the 2002 Fourth Quarter, please visit: