EMERGENCY: Alberta has declared a Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19. Indoor social gatherings are the top source of transmission. All indoor social gatherings have now been banned. This ban will be enforced with $1,000 fines. Learn more
Alberta's environmental legislation sets out clear rules and obligations for the protection, enhancement and wise use of the environment. Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) works with Albertans to ensure the quality of our environment is maintained, using an effective and efficient regulatory framework.
The Compliance Assurance Program has 3 areas of focus to ensure all Albertans continue to enjoy a clean and healthy environment:
For more information, see the Compliance Assurance Management Framework.
- 24 Hour Environmental Response Line (PDF, 148 KB)
- Climate Change and Emissions Management Act
- Compliance Assurance Activities and Enforcement Actions
- Compulsory Industry Monitoring
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Forests Act
- Prohibited Debris: Before you Burn... Learn!
- Public Lands Act
- Reporting Spills and Releases
- Storing and Disposing of Hazardous Waste and Recyclables
- Water Act
Compliance Assurance Annual Reports
To view the listing of Compliance Assurance Annual Reports, see Compliance Assurance Annual Reports.
Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports
Listings of Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports, can be viewed on the Open Government Portal.
To view listings for the quarters of October 1, 2014 to present, see Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports.
To view listings between the 2002 Fourth Quarter and 2014 Third Quarter, see Enforcement of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and Water Act Quarterly Reports.