- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Legal weights and dimensions balance the capacity and geometric capabilities of infrastructure with maximum economic benefits while ensuring road safety.
Below are quick reference guides for weight and dimension limits according to Alberta's regulations for common equipment.
- Tractor Semi-trailer (PDF, 81 KB)
- A-Train (PDF, 81 KB)
- B-Train (PDF, 153 KB)
- C-Train (PDF, 82 KB)
- Truck (PDF, 42 KB)
- Truck and Pony Trailer (PDF, 70 KB)
- Truck and Full Trailer (PDF, 74 KB)
These documents are simplified guides to certain parts of the acts and regulations, and not a substitute for them. Alberta Transportation, Transport Engineering Branch, is not responsible for any omissions in the following documents. It is the responsibility of the transporter to consult the regulations for the exact requirements before moving shipments.
Read the full weight and dimension regulations within the Traffic Safety Act.
For international news and updates, visit American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.