The Alberta commercial rent survey is an opportunity for commercial landlords and tenants (businesses) to share challenges they face as we work to improve supports for Albertans and Alberta businesses.
Responses to this survey will help us support Albertans and Alberta businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will use the information to learn more about:
- the types of issues businesses and landlords are experiencing
- how many businesses and landlords are affected
- whether businesses and landlords have been able to access available supports
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Tourism
Tell us about your challenges:
- working with a commercial landlord or tenant to develop payment schedules
- paying commercial rent
- meeting other financial obligations during the COVID-19 pandemic
Phone or email
If you are unable to access or successfully complete the survey online, you can complete the survey by:
- calling the Consumer Contact Centre at 1-877-427-4088 (toll free) and pressing 4
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not receive a response to your submission.
Bill 23, the Commercial Tenancies Protection Act was introduced on June 16, 2020 to protect eligible commercial tenants experiencing financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Alberta has joined other provinces, the territories and federal government in the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance program to help small businesses pay rent.
Learn more about federal government programs.
Last updated: June 23, 2020