- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
The Alberta commercial rent survey was an opportunity for commercial landlords and tenants (businesses) to share challenges they face as we work to improve supports for Albertans and Alberta businesses.
Responses to this survey will help us support Albertans and Alberta businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will use the information to learn more about:
- the types of issues businesses and landlords are experiencing
- how many businesses and landlords are affected
- whether businesses and landlords have been able to access available supports
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Jobs, Economy and Innovation
Businesses and commercial landlords shared feedback through phone, email and an online survey from May 24 to September 13, 2020.
Thank you for your input, we are currently reviewing feedback.
The Commercial Tenancies Protection Act and regulation protect eligible commercial tenants experiencing financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new measures help address shortfalls in the current Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) program and give eligible business owners peace of mind as they reopen and help with Alberta's economic recovery.
Alberta has joined other provinces, the territories and federal government in the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance program to help small businesses pay rent.
Learn more about federal government programs.
Last updated: September 17, 2020