Search here for water licences and traditional agricultural registrations within the South Saskatchewan River Basin (SSRB).
Users will be able to search for and view:
- Licence and registration documents held by Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP)
- Summaries of licences and registrations that can be used to access documents
Note licences and registrations may be located in the center of the quarter sections, if the latitude/longitude is not available on the file. The approved plans under the Water Act files will have an accurate point of diversion.
For approved plans, see: Water Act forms.
Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements:
- At least Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla Firefox 1.5
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
A high-speed internet connection is strongly recommended.
The water allocation licence information provided on this website is for the convenience of individuals researching the potential of arranging a water allocation transfer, or for other purposes. The department endeavours to provide accurate information, but does not guarantee any part of the site is accurate or up-to-date. The information provided on the website should not be relied upon, and all data should be verified by examining the original paper documents in a department office prior to making any decisions or commitments. Water allocation licences are public information. The department does not accept responsibility for any damages that may result from reliance on any information found on this website.
How to use
- Review Basic Instructions on Using the Licence Viewer (PDF, 21 KB)
- To accept terms and proceed, visit: Alberta Water Licence Viewer.
- To view a specific authorization or approval under the Water Act or the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, and you already have identifying data for the authorization or approval, go to: Authorization Viewer.
Connect with Alberta Environment and Parks about the Licence Viewer:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]