Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
The Alberta Research and Innovation Advisory Committee (ARIAC) works with key innovation support agencies, publicly funded post-secondary institutions, industry and government to advance research and innovation in the province and make Alberta more competitive in the global economy.
The Committee provides strategic advice and recommendations to the Government of Alberta through the Minister of Jobs, Economy and Northern Development on matters such as:
- identifying leading research areas and innovation policies that will support the diversification of Alberta's economy
- providing the Minister with regular reviews and reports on the performance of Alberta's research and innovation system
- making recommendations to increase Alberta's competitiveness
- exploring, gathering and synthesizing information on best practices in other jurisdictions
- utilizing benchmarking strategies to assess the status and progress of Alberta's research and innovation system
- identifying emerging global science, research, technology and innovation trends of greatest impact to Alberta
The following documents are available in the Open Government Portal:
These documents are also available by searching the list of public agencies.
Public sector bodies are required to post online the names and compensation paid to:
- all committee members
- employees who earn over a threshold amount (see Public sector body compensation disclosure)
This disclosure is a requirement under the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act. The postings are required by June 30 each year and will be maintained for 5 years.
For general enquiries:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.