Alberta Film Tax Credit Program
For screen-based productions where the total production spend is $500,000 or greater, the Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC), is available to support medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
Learn more about the Film and Television Tax Credit.
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industries.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
The Alberta Media Fund provides grants through 2 main streams:
Alberta Made Screen Industries Program
- Alberta Made Production Grant
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Book Publishers Operating Grant
- Magazine Publishers Operating Grant
- Music Organization Operating Grant
- Organizations Project Grant
- Support Organizations Operating Grant
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Connect with the Alberta Media Fund:
Toll free: 310-0000 followed by the number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.