Check out these guidelines to help your screen-based production business get back to work:
- Guidance for the Screen-based Production Industry (PDF, 359 KB)
Transitional Provision ends March 31
The Transitional Provision for the Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC) ends on March 31.
The Transitional Provision was designed to allow productions that are underway, or had already completed prior to program launch, to apply to the FTTC program.
Beginning on April 1, productions applying to the program must not have commenced principal photography prior to application.
Learn more about the Film and Television Tax Credit
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industries.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
Funding available includes:
- Alberta Made Production Grant
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Cultural Industry Grants
- Alberta Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
- Screen-based Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Funding at a glance
|Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Web page||Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Funding (max.)||$125,000||$200,000||$55,000 per project||Varies, depending on the grant stream|
|Application deadlines||January 16, 2021 and July 16, 2021||March 1, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Stream priorities||Covers 25% of eligible Alberta labour and non-labour costs||Covers labour expenses for post-production animation and visual effects organizations.||Covers expenses related to script or project development.|
Connect with the Alberta Media Fund: