COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Alberta Film Tax Credit Program
For screen-based productions where the total production spend is $500,000 or greater, the Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC), administered through Jobs, Economy and Innovation, is available to support medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
Learn more about the Film and Television Tax Credit.
Canada Media Fund Predevelopment Program
The Canada Media Fund (CMF) has updated their website and guidelines for the 2022-23 Predevelopment Program, which allocates funding to projects at the beginning of a Project’s creative process. Full program information is available on the CMF website.
Letter of Interest requests required by the CMF Predevelopment Program are now being accepted by the Alberta Media Fund. All requests must be received prior to 11:59 pm on Monday, June 6, 2022, and must include the following to be considered:
- proof that applicant corporation is registered and in good standing with the Alberta Corporate Registry
- documentation showing that a writing agreement is in place
- project information including:
- a brief synopsis, genre and format of the project
- listing of the creative talent attached or intended to participate in the project
- proof or confirmation that the applicant owns all rights and options necessary for development and production of the project
- a budget and financing plan
- project development schedule
Requests, including all supporting documentation listed above, must be received by email prior to the June 6 deadline. Send to [email protected]
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industries.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
Funding available includes:
- Alberta Made Production Grant
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Cultural Industry Grants
- Alberta Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
- Screen-based Production Grant (no longer accepting applications)
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Funding at a glance
|Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Web page||Alberta Made Production Grant||Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant||Project/Script Development Grant||Cultural Industry Grants|
|Funding (max.)||$125,000||$200,000||$55,000 per project||Varies, depending on the grant stream|
|Application deadlines||January 16, 2022 and July 16, 2022||March 1, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|Stream priorities||Covers 25% of eligible Alberta labour and non-labour costs||Covers labour expenses for post-production animation and visual effects organizations.||Covers expenses related to script or project development.|
Connect with the Alberta Media Fund:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.