Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
We offer Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) prepaid cards as an option to receive your funds for certain Government of Alberta programs. Prepaid cards are not linked to a bank account and are not credit cards. They are directly loaded with your funds and can be used in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to your program.
Terms and conditions
- Community and Social Services – Isolation Payment (PDF, 120 KB)
- Health – Vaccine Incentive (PDF, 116 KB)
- Children’s Services – Working Parents Benefit (PDF, 98 KB)
- Children’s Services – Merchant and ATM Restricted (PDF, 147 KB)
- Children’s Services – Unrestricted (PDF, 120 KB)
- CIBC Prepaid Card Agreement (PDF, 95 KB)
Activating your card
- Call CIBC at 1-800-482-8347 to activate your card
- Some programs will activate a card when it is issued to you. In these cases you do not need to call CIBC.
Using your card
Cards can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions associated with your prepaid card for more details.
Call CIBC at 1-800-482-8347 if you have questions about:
- card activation status
- card balance
- PIN number
- transaction history
- reporting a card lost or stolen and getting a replacement card
- dispute transaction(s)
Government of Alberta
Connect with the Government of Alberta to learn more about government programs or services:
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.