Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
How to access the data
FWMIS data is available spatially online
Use the Fish and Wildlife Internet Mapping Tool (FWIMT) to find FWMIS fish and wildlife observation information, generate reports, and create maps.
For tips on how to search for FWMIS data using FWIMT, see:
For access to the FWIMT, see:
For comments or questions related to the data on FWIMT, contact:
To report technical issues with FWIMT, contact:
Request FWMIS data not available via FWIMT
If additional FWMIS detail is required that is not available via FWIMT, follow these steps:
- Locate the appropriate Fisheries or Wildlife Management Area contact for the area you are requesting data for.
- In your email to the Fish and Wildlife representative, be sure to include:
- the subject line: 'FWMIS Data Request'
- a brief description of the purpose of the data request in the message
- Attach the FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (below) to your email. Include a statement of acceptance of the conditions in the body of your email, for example, 'I have read and accept all conditions as per the FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (attached).'
- FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (PDF, 294 KB)
- Send your email request. Data will only be provided based on an appropriate and demonstrated need related to the conservation and management of Alberta's fish and wildlife.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.