- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
How to access FWMIS fisheries and wildlife data
FWMIS data is available spatially online using the Fish and Wildlife Internet Mapping Tool (FWIMT)
Use the Fish and Wildlife Internet Mapping Tool (FWIMT) to find FWMIS fish and wildlife observation information, generate reports, and create maps.
For tips on how to search for FWMIS data using FWIMT, see:
For access to the FWMIS Internet Mapping Tool (FWIMT), see:
For comments or questions related to the data on FWIMT, please contact:
To report technical issues with FWIMT, please contact:
Requesting FWMIS data not available via the Internet Mapping Tool (FWIMT)
If additional FWMIS detail is still required that is not available via FWIMT, refer to the following steps:
- Locate the appropriate Fisheries or Wildlife Management Area contact for the area you are requesting data for.
- In your email to the Fish and Wildlife representative, be sure to include the following:
- A subject line that reads: "FWMIS Data Request"
- A brief description of the purpose of the data request in the body of your email
- Attach the FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (below) to your email. Include a statement of acceptance of the conditions in the body of your email. For example: "I have read and accept all conditions as per the FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (attached)."
- FWMIS Data Sharing Agreement (PDF, 324 KB)
- Send your email request. Please note that data will only be provided based on an appropriate and demonstrated need related to the conservation and management of Alberta's fish and wildlife.