PDD program review
Exploring how to improve the Persons with Developmental Disabilities program to better serve Albertans with developmental disabilities.
Alberta is committed to protecting and improving supports for persons with developmental disabilities and ensuring the stability of the PDD program into the future.
Significant improvements have been made since 2015, including:
- increasing funding by almost $100 million to ensure Albertans get the supports they need
- stopping the Supports Intensity Scale (SIS)
- implementing the safety standards recommendations and repealing the harmful safety standards
- working to create the first Advocate for Persons with Disabilities in Alberta
- increasing individual and staff safety in the PDD program
- improving access to service dogs for Albertans with disabilities
The PDD review will explore ways to improve services and address concerns related to access, outcomes and family engagement.
Read: PDD Review letter from Minister Irfan Sabir (PDF, 360 KB)
We're working closely with people with disabilities, families, service providers and advocates to determine the scope, timing and content of the review.
Albertans were asked to share their suggestions for the review, including:
- what issues and challenges should be discussed during the review
- where, when and how the review activities should take place
The survey closed on April 18, 2018. Feedback is being reviewed.
Details about public engagement events and other opportunities for input will be posted on this page once they're available.
Province to review disability program in Alberta (Jan 19, 2018)
Sign up for updates
Enter your name and email address to receive updates about the PDD review.
The information you provide is being collected under the authority of section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to share information about the PDD Review and related topics. It will be treated in accordance with the privacy protection provisions of sections 33 through 41 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, you may call 780-644-0545.