- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
In early 2020, we gathered feedback on a draft ministerial order for student learning.
The draft order was created by an independent Curriculum Advisory Panel. It sets a new vision for student learning that emphasizes the values, learning foundations and outcomes for kindergarten to grade 12 education in Alberta.
The finalized ministerial order came into effect on August 6, 2020. It replaced the previous version from 2013.
January 29 - February 24, 2020
Results under review
August 6, 2020
Who is listening
Ministry of Education
We broadened consultations to hear a wider range of perspectives on the draft ministerial order from parents, teachers and subject matter experts:
- 8,000+ Albertans shared their views through an online survey
- 300 education partners, including parents, gave input through in-person and virtual engagement sessions
The engagement closed on February 24, 2020.
We listened to the Curriculum Advisory Panel and Albertans to establish a new Ministerial Order on Student Learning that came into effect on August 6, 2020:
- Ministerial Order on Student Learning - English
- Arrêté ministériel sur l’apprentissage des élèves - Français
Last updated: August 6, 2020