COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The annual Minister’s Awards for Transportation Innovation recognize individuals and organizations demonstrating innovation in the following 6 categories:
These awards celebrate transportation innovations, large or small, that pave the way toward a better, more efficient, sustainable and safer transportation system in Alberta.
Members of the province’s transportation industry are invited to celebrate innovations, large or small, that pave the way towards a better, more efficient, sustainable and safer transportation system in Alberta.
Submissions closed on January 17, 2020.
Eligible recipients include:
- members in good standing of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta
- members in good standing of the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association
- member municipalities of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
- member municipalities of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta
- Alberta Transportation staff*
Alberta Transportation staff must be a partner on a submission with one or more of the eligible organizations.
The nomination must represent an innovation that has been implemented in Alberta and should focus on a “first” in Alberta.
The innovation should demonstrate results listed under the nominated category and preference will be given to nominations that have measurable outcomes.
The innovation can be original or an adaptation of a technology or process used outside the province.
There is no restriction on the scope or scale of the innovation. Self-nominations as well as second-party nominations are encouraged.
The evaluation will consider outcomes such as:
- improved efficiency
- environmental benefits
- reduced costs
- improved safety
2020 Award recipients
The 2020 Minister’s Awards for Transportation Innovation were awarded to:
- Design Innovation – COWI North America Ltd for the design of the Athabasca River Bridge in the Town of Athabasca
- Construction Innovation – Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd for the Gabion Wall Remediation Project
- Environmental Innovation – Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd for the Geohazard Risk Management Program (GRMP) S044 Cow Creek Erosion Sites
- Safety Innovation – Alberta Transportation for the STP-LUX Pedestrian Lighting System
- Operational Innovation – Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd for the Geohazard Detection Research Program
- Transit/Accessible Transportation Innovation – Stantec Consulting Ltd for MAX Purple Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Connect with our office and for more information about the Minister’s Awards for Transportation Innovation:
3rd Floor, Twin Atria Building
4999 98 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.