- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
The annual Minister’s Awards for Transportation Innovation recognize individuals and organizations demonstrating innovation in the following 6 categories:
These awards celebrate transportation innovations, large or small, that pave the way toward a better, more efficient, sustainable and safer transportation system in Alberta.
Members of the province’s transportation industry are invited to celebrate innovations, large or small, that pave the way towards a better, more efficient, sustainable and safer transportation system in Alberta.
Submissions closed on January 17, 2020.
Eligible recipients include:
- members in good standing of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta
- members in good standing of the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association
- member municipalities of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
- member municipalities of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta
- Alberta Transportation staff*
Alberta Transportation staff must be a partner on a submission with one or more of the eligible organizations.
The nomination must represent an innovation that has been implemented in Alberta and should focus on a “first” in Alberta.
The innovation should demonstrate results listed under the nominated category and preference will be given to nominations that have measurable outcomes.
The innovation can be original or an adaptation of a technology or process used outside the province.
There is no restriction on the scope or scale of the innovation. Self-nominations as well as second-party nominations are encouraged.
The evaluation will consider outcomes such as:
- improved efficiency
- environmental benefits
- reduced costs
- improved safety
Connect with our office and for more information about the Minister’s Awards for Transportation Innovation:
3rd Floor, Twin Atria Building
4999 98 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3