COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
We’re gathering feedback on ways to promote economic development in rural Alberta by further understanding opportunities to support investment and growth.
Increasing investment plays a key factor in recovering economically from the COVID-19 pandemic, the global collapse of energy prices, and the worst economic downturn in almost a century.
Discussions and feedback collected will ensure our rural communities participate in, and benefit from, Alberta’s Recovery Plan.
Survey open October 27 to December 18, 2021
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Jobs, Economy and Innovation
Read the following documents before participating in the online survey:
- Rural economic development engagement: Programs and agency definitions
- Rural economic development engagement: Federal, provincial and municipal supports
- Rural economic development engagement: Alberta's Recovery Plan highlights
Rural Albertans are invited to share their feedback through an online survey from October 27 to December 18, 2021.
Stakeholders will be invited to participate in virtual roundtables with the Associate Minster of Rural Economic Development.
- Business and industry
- Indigenous and Métis business owners
- Agricultural associations (societies)
- Volunteer associations
- Financial institutions
- Chambers of commerce
- Community leaders
- Economic development organizations
- Municipal sector
Your input may be considered in the government’s approach to rural economic development policy or programs.
Last updated: November 3, 2021