COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Resources are available for Alberta communities and regions to support local efforts to diversify and grow their economies, attract investment, and maintain a positive and competitive business environment.
Regional Economic Development Services
Our Regional Economic Development Specialists (REDS) have local knowledge of the economic opportunities and challenges facing Alberta’s regions. This allows them to provide economic development practitioners and business service providers with targeted advice and support.
Through one-on-one consultation, regional and community meetings, webinars, and collaborative roundtable discussions, REDS offer the following core services:
- advisory services and outcome-based planning
- economic information and best practices
- pathfinding support
- tools and resources
Our regional economic development specialists operate out of 8 offices across the province and provide services to all regions in Alberta. Learn more about our specialists and where they are located.
Regional Economic Development Alliances
Alberta's Regional Economic Development Alliances (REDAs) are independent, non-profit organizations made up of member communities and regional stakeholders. Working together, the members of each REDA promote long-term economic development and prosperity in their region and collaborate on projects that they could not necessarily do on their own. REDAs are supported by the REDS team.
- Alberta Southwest Regional Alliance
- Battle River Alliance for Economic Development
- Central Alberta Economic Partnership
- Grizzly Regional Economic Alliance Society
- Northeast Alberta Information Hub
- Palliser Economic Partnership
- Peace Region Economic Development Alliance
- Regional Economic Development Initiative for Northwest Alberta
- SouthGrow Regional Initiative
Community resources and tools
A rapidly changing global economy requires a local response. This has spurred economic development initiatives in communities across the province. Resources and tools are available to help community leaders create and implement an economic development plan for their local area.
Explore the Community Economic Development website to:
- find funding opportunities that support economic prosperity in Alberta's small cities and towns
- explore resources and tools, including business retention and expansion resources, data sets and economic development toolkits
- connect with organizations that play an important role supporting economic development
Economic development specialists
Contact one of our specialists to find out more about the regional economic development supports available to you.
For more information on the economic regions our specialists support, view the REDS regional map (JPEG, 3.8 MB).
South West Alberta
South Central Alberta
South East Alberta
North East Alberta
North Central Alberta
North West Alberta
Connect with the Industry and Regional Relations Branch:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Industry and Regional Relations Branch
Jobs, Economy and Innovation
12th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4L6
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.