The purpose of an information bulletin (IB) is to notify industry regarding items such as:
- proposed changes to legislation
- regulations or operating procedures with the intent of soliciting feedback
- new programs or changes to existing programs, projects, services, strategies or organizational structures
- industry participation in department initiatives
The IB's are available through Alberta’s open government portal at the following links:
- Coal and Mineral Development Information Bulletins
- Metallic and Industrial Minerals Information Bulletins
- Mineral Rights Information Bulletins
- Ammonite Shell Information Bulletins
Summary of Information bulletins
- IB 2020-01: Metallic and Industrial Minerals Royalty Regulation and Metallic and Industrial Minerals Tenure Regulation (May 14, 2020)
- IB 2018-03: Coal and mineral development tenure applications and royalty payments in the event of a postal strike
- IB 2018-02: Rental default process for petroleum and natural gas, oil sands, metallic and industrial minerals, coal and ammonite shell agreements
- IB 2018-01: Coal and mineral development online application for coal tenure (February 13, 2018)
- IB 2018-02: Coal and mineral development online royalty reporting for coal (February 13, 2018)
Information letters for ammonite shell or metallic and industrial minerals are available through a separate service. They notify industry of legislative changes. When letters are published, a notification is sent to the subscriber list.
Connect with the Coal and Mineral Development Unit:
Coal and Mineral Development Unit
North Petroleum Plaza
9945 108 Street *
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G6
* Couriers, please report to the 2nd floor.
Calgary (drop-off location only)
300, 801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3W2
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.