We are kicking off the first ever Alberta Local Food Week August 12-19 to help promote and celebrate our growing local food industry.
Alberta Local Food Week gives you a chance to meet local farmers and entrepreneurs who work to put nutritious food on our plates and show support for all things grown, made and harvested in Alberta.
Alberta Local Food Week is a great opportunity to enjoy some delicious local food:
- visit an Alberta Approved Farmers' Market in your area
- pick your own fresh fruit and vegetables at a u-pick farm
- check the coming events calendar to attend events near you
- plan your ultimate local food experience at Open Farm Days on August 18 and 19
- promote and follow the local food conversation to see events, activities and celebrations using #ABLocalFoodWeek
The commitment to hold an annual Local Food Week was a key point in the Supporting Alberta’s Local Food Sector Act that was passed on May 30, 2018.
Alberta Local Food Week will occur each year during the third week of August. Local Food Week ties into Alberta Open Farm Days, giving Albertans a chance to visit local farms and experience where their food comes from.
If you have any questions or comments, email ExploreLocal@gov.ab.ca.