These publications are developed with data provided by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada periodically applies standard revisions to estimates, and seasonally adjusted values from previous years may not reflect the most recent data available.
Monthly labour force statistics
Find information on monthly unemployment rate and workforce changes, broken down by regions. Also information on changes in Alberta’s Aboriginal unemployment rate.
Highlights are available by 8 am on the day of the Labour Force Survey statistics release.
The Labour Force Survey release dates are:
- Friday, January 7, 2022
- Friday, February 4, 2022
- Friday, March 11, 2022
- Friday, April 8, 2022
- Friday, May 6, 2022
- Friday, June 10, 2022
- Friday, July 8, 2022
- Friday, August 5, 2022
- Friday, September 9, 2022
- Friday, October 7, 2022
- Friday, November 4, 2022
- Friday, December 2, 2022
- Friday, January 6, 2023
- Friday, February 10, 2023
- Friday, March 10, 2023
The following statistics are available, sorted by month:
- Monthly comparison of labour force statistics (seasonally adjusted), including unemployment rates by region, major cities, age and gender, and employment rates by industry.
- Highlights of the current state of the Alberta labour market.
- Provides detailed labour market statistics for off-reserve indigenous people.
- Highlights of the labour market conditions among indigenous peoples living off-reserves
Annual labour market review
Review previous year’s labour market developments in Alberta and its 8 economic regions.
Connect with Labour Force Statistics:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.