Current labour market information is essential to career practitioners, employers, teachers and students.
Whether you are doing workforce planning, hiring, offering career advice or exploring job options, you can get a better picture of the provincial labour force with data and in-depth information provided below.
Job vacancy resources
Labour market highlights
The Alberta Labour Market Highlights provides a quick snapshot of the province’s labour market condition. Find information on factors affecting Alberta’s workforce and statistics showing the on-going changes in Alberta’s labour market.
Demographics, estimated wages and employment trends are highlighted in profiles of 18 major Alberta industries below.
- Accommodation and Food Services Industry
- Agricultural Industry
- Business, Building and Other Support Services Industry
- Construction Industry
- Educational Services Industry
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Leasing Industry
- Forestry Industry
- Health Care and Social Assistance Industry
- Information, Culture and Recreation Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Mining and Oil and Gas Extraction Industry
- Other Services Industry
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services Industry
- Public Administration Industry
- Retail Trade Industry
- Transportation and Warehousing Industry
- Utilities Industry
- Wholesale Trade Industry
Labour force profiles
This series of profiles on target groups provides detailed information about their involvement in the Alberta labour force.
Alberta’s six target groups:
To connect with Labour Force Statistics: