Health data application
The Interactive Health Data Application (IHDA) website provides information in data table and interactive map formats on health status and determinants of health of Albertans.
The IHDA contains many health statistics (indicators) on a variety of health-related topics such as demographics, mortality, chronic and infectious disease, and children's health.
The IHDA site also has interactive map displays of some health data including health status, determinants of health, and more, based on geographic locations across Alberta.
Find out what data is on the IHDA website
Health analytics interactive data
The Health Analytics Interactive Data website provides statistics on health status and determinants of health. The reports contain health indicator data on health-related topics such as:
- chronic and infectious disease
- children’s health
- and more
Find out more on the Health Analytics Interactive Data website
Environmental health data
The Alberta Environmental Public Health Information Network (AEPHIN) provides user-friendly and interactive presentations of various types of environmental monitoring and public health data in Alberta.
Learn about environmental factors that may have a direct or indirect impact on your overall health. Data sets include:
- domestic well water quality in Alberta
- fish consumption advice (mercury and other chemical levels)
Learn more on the AEPIN website
Should I eat this fish
Do you fish? Download the "Should I Eat This Fish" mobile application so you can check if there are any advisories about the fish and bodies of water in the area you fish.
Download the Should I Eat This Fish mobile app
Health economics dashboards
These interactive dashboards provide a graphic view of health information comparing Alberta to other provinces and countries.
Provincial government health spending comparisons
- provincial government health spending comparisons for all provinces and Canada from 1975 to 2018 – in per capita dollars, in per capita constant dollars, total actual dollars, total constant dollars, and age-gender adjusted per capita dollars
- average annual growth rates for selected indicators
Interprovincial economic indicator comparisons
The interprovincial economic indicator comparisons dashboard includes:
- provincial government health spending as proportion of gross domestic product and as the proportion of total government expenditure for all provinces and Canada from 1975 to 2018
- average annual growth rates for key economic indicators for all provinces – consumer price index, population, and average weekly earnings
Interprovincial health sector comparisons
The interprovincial health sector comparisons dashboard includes:
- interprovincial provincial government health sector expenditure comparisons for all provinces and Canada from 1975 to 2018 with their respective percentage shares, such as hospitals, drugs, physicians, and more
- average annual growth rates on per capita sector spending for all provinces
Physician payment and service comparisons
The physician payments and services comparisons dashboard includes:
- physician average gross fee-for-service (FFS) payment per physician by physician type for all provinces and Canada for 2006 to 2007 and 2016 to 2017
- annual growth rates in volume of FFS physician services compared to population growth in Alberta from 2000 to 2016
The international comparisons dashboard has information on health indicators comparisons for select Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries, including:
- infant mortality rate
- life expectancy at birth
- life expectancy, years gained
- per capita private health spending
- per capita public health spending
- per capita total health spending
- total health spending as percentage of gross domestic product
The population pyramid dashboard includes:
- age and gender distribution of the population
- population estimates and population projections by Statistics Canada and the IHDA