Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Indigenous Employment Training Partnerships provides grant funding to Indigenous communities and organizations to deliver group-training projects designed in partnership with employers and other partners.
These partnerships will assist unemployed or under-employed Indigenous individuals to gain the necessary skills training and work experience to obtain and maintain long-term employment.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.
Eligible applicants are Indigenous organizations, including:
- First Nations on or off reserve, Tribal or regional organizations
- Métis on or off Settlements, Métis representative groups
- other Indigenous organizations and employers
Eligible projects under the Indigenous Employment Training Partnerships Program depend on needs identified by the partnership. Projects are custom designed based on participant and industry needs and must include formal training, for example, occupational training.
Eligible training participants are Indigenous individuals who are:
- unemployed or under-employed
- in need of and able to benefit from skills training to obtain and maintain employment
- other requirements as determined by the partners
For detailed program requirements and criteria, read the Indigenous Employment Training Partnerships Program Guidelines.
Submit a project proposal
Organizations interested in applying for grant funding will be required to submit a proposal. Prior to submitting a proposal, or to get more information on developing a proposal, contact the Indigenous Partnership team at [email protected].
Organizations are required to review the:
- Indigenous Employment Training Partnerships Program Guidelines
- Proposal Submission Consideration (PDF, 386 KB)
- Example proposal (PDF, 559 KB)
Proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Note, these guidelines supersede the Alberta Works Online Manual content.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.