Status: Survey open until January 31, 2020
Ministry responsible: Agriculture and Forestry
We want to ensure agricultural research in Alberta is led by farmers and that Albertans are getting the best results for their investment.
To help transform how we do agriculture research in Alberta, we’re seeking input on:
- what farmer-led research means to Albertans
- farmer-led research priorities
- opportunities for industry participation and shared leadership/ownership in the exploration and evaluation of governance models that deliver farmer-led research
These changes are an opportunity to conduct world-leading research in Alberta by leveraging work happening in existing facilities or building brand new ones and attracting investment from bio-tech companies.
Share your feedback by completing the online survey by January 31, 2020.
Public engagement sessions will also be held throughout January. Register for a session below:
- Lethbridge, January 13, 10 to 12 pm
- Grande Prairie, January 17, 2 to 4 pm
- Vermilion, January 21, 9 to 11 am
- Camrose, January 21, 2:30 to 4:30 pm
- Barrhead, January 22, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Olds, January 23, 2 to 4 pm
- Calgary, January 24, 10 am to 12 pm
- Strathmore, January 24, 2 pm to 4 pm
- Oyen, January 25, 10 am to 12 pm
We will also be meeting with key stakeholders, including marketing board and commission representatives, applied research associations and post-secondary institutions.
Your feedback will help us determine the province’s research priorities and the best way to meet those needs.
Connect with the Ag-Info Centre:
- Seeking Albertans’ input on agriculture research (January 7, 2020)