- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
We want to ensure agricultural research in Alberta is led by farmers and that Albertans are getting the best results for their investment.
To help transform how we do agriculture research in Alberta, we gathered input on:
- what farmer-led research means to Albertans
- farmer-led research priorities
- opportunities for industry participation and shared leadership/ownership in the exploration and evaluation of governance models that deliver farmer-led research
These changes are an opportunity to conduct world-leading research in Alberta by leveraging work happening in existing facilities or building brand new ones and attracting investment from bio-tech companies.
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Thank you for your input. We are currently reviewing feedback.
Public engagement sessions were held in 9 communities across Alberta from January 13 to 25.
We met with key stakeholders, including marketing board and commission representatives, applied research associations and post-secondary institutions.
Your feedback will help us determine the province’s research priorities and the best way to meet those needs.
Connect with the Ag-Info Centre:
- Seeking Albertans’ input on agriculture research (January 7, 2020)
Last updated: June 22, 2020