COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Resources for workers facing layoffs
The following resources can help you if you are facing a layoff:
- Job Loss: Creating a New Future – Find out how to take care of the basics, cope with losing your job and move beyond job loss.
- career fairs
- job postings
- employment insurance
- online job-search resources
- employment services near you
- emotional support
- income support
Employment services near you
The following employment services are available through Alberta Supports or Alberta Works Centre.
- job fairs
- job postings
- career counselling
- local labour market information
- employment news via social media
- resumé and job-interview workshops
- information on careers and training options
- computers and photocopiers for job searches
Employers who are considering or conducting layoffs can get assistance from Workforce Consultants.
Workforce Consultants can provide information and advice including how to reduce or avoid layoffs through the Government of Canada’s Work-Share program.
Employers can call the toll-free Employer Hotline for help at 1-800-661-3753.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.