COVID-19 info for AlbertansAlberta is taking action to protect Albertans and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Find out more at alberta.ca/COVID19
The Economic Recovery Council has been appointed to provide insight and expert advice on how to protect jobs during the economic crisis stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent collapse in energy prices.
The Council will also focus on strategies for long term recovery from the crisis, including efforts to accelerate diversification of the Alberta economy.
The Premier’s Economic Recovery Council will consist of the following members:
- Jack Mintz, chair
- Clive Beddoe – former chair, president and CEO, WestJet
- Robert Blakely
- Brent Belzberg – founder and senior managing partner, TorQuest Partners
- Bob Dhillon – founder, president and CEO, Mainstreet Equity Corporation
- Chris Fowler – president and CEO, Canadian Western Bank
- Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper – Canada’s 22nd prime minister
- Peter Kiss – owner and president, Morgan Construction and Environmental
- Zainul Mawji – president, Telus Home Solutions
- Nancy Southern – chair and CEO, ATCO Ltd.
- Kevin Uebelein – CEO, AIMCo
- Mac Van Wielingen – founder, ARC Financial
- Economic Recovery Council gets to work (March 20, 2020)