This program concluded on June 18, 2020.
The Economic Recovery Council has been appointed to provide insight and expert advice on how to protect jobs during the economic crisis stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent collapse in energy prices.
The council will also focus on strategies for long term recovery from the crisis, including efforts to accelerate diversification of the Alberta economy.
Input received by the council will be considered as part of the regular decision-making process of government and Cabinet. While the council will provide ongoing advice and input to the Premier, it is not a decision-making body of government. The council’s mandate does not include a final report with recommendations.
The Premier’s Economic Recovery Council will consist of the following members:
- Jack Mintz, chair
- Clive Beddoe – former chair and principal founder, WestJet
- Robert Blakely
- Brent Belzberg – founder and senior managing partner, TorQuest Partners
- Bob Dhillon – founder, president and CEO, Mainstreet Equity Corporation
- Chris Fowler – president and CEO, Canadian Western Bank
- Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper – Canada’s 22nd prime minister
- Peter Kiss – owner and president, Morgan Construction and Environmental
- Zainul Mawji – president, Telus Home Solutions
- Nancy Southern – chair and CEO, ATCO Ltd.
- Kendra Donnelly – owner and partner, Korova Feeders Ltd.
- Mac Van Wielingen – founder, ARC Financial
- Economic Recovery Council gets to work (March 20, 2020)