COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
- Ministry staff directory
Learn about the new Artist in Residence, a poet and spoken word performer, and invite him to speak at a community event or meeting about the arts in Alberta.
Apply for funding to build intercultural awareness and understanding in Alberta.
French services directory
Albertans can access these government services and resources in French.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- Oct 15, 2021Persons Case Scholarship open for applications | Demandes acceptées pour l’obtention d’une bourse d'études commémorative de l’affaire « personne »
In the spirit of the Famous Five, the Persons Case Scholarship will invest $100,000 in future leaders promoting gender equality.
- Oct 15, 2021International Day of Rural Women: Joint statement | Déclaration commune sur la Journée internationale des femmes rurales
Associate Minister of Status of Women Whitney Issik and Associate Minister of Rural Economic Development Nate Horner issued the following statement:
- Oct 13, 2021Women in STEM scholarship opens for applications | Candidatures acceptées pour la bourse d'études des femmes en STIM
Alberta’s government will award a total of $125,000 to young women pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).