Cases in Alberta
COVID-19 data included in the interactive data application are up-to-date as of end of day July 24, 2023. COVID-19 data reporting will shift to a monthly update for the summer.
- 634,149 Total cases
- 347 Cases reported over 28 days
- 10,077,398 Vaccine doses as of July 24
- 242 In hospital
- 7 In intensive care*
- 5,818 Deaths
Updated July 26. Numbers are current as of end-of-day July 24.
*ICU cases are a subset of those in hospital.
Paid vaccination leave
All working Albertans can access 3 hours of paid, job-protected leave to get each dose of the vaccine.
Mental health and addiction
The COVID-19 pandemic can have a significant impact on mental health.
Online resources are available if you need advice on handling stressful situations or ways to talk to children.
- Help in Tough Times (AHS)
- Mental health and coping with COVID-19 (CDC)
- Talking with children about COVID-19 (CDC)
- COVID-19 information for young kids and students (PDF, 122 KB)
If you need to talk, call the 24-hour help lines:
- State of COVID-19 in Alberta: Minister Copping (June 29, 2022)
- Alberta to lift remaining health restrictions (June 13, 2022)
- Expanding Paxlovid accessibility (May 4, 2022)
- Alberta expands access to fourth vaccine dose (April 6, 2022)
- Paxlovid to be available at more Alberta pharmacies (March 30, 2022)
- Pop-up vaccine clinics to support Calgary families (March 9, 2022)
- All youth aged 12 to 17 now eligible for boosters (March 8, 2022)
- AHS mandatory vaccination policy lifted (March 8, 2022)
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.