The amended Condominium Property Act and regulations come into force on January 1, 2020.
The revisions reflect feedback received during condominium rules consultations in the summer of 2019 to ease the administrative burden on condo boards and corporations while protecting condo owners and their investment.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is working to create an education and licensing program for condo managers. For more information visit RECA: Condominium Manager Regulation Consultation.
Condominium fact sheets are available for the following topics:
- reserve fund study providers
- updating condominium bylaws
- condominium rules, bylaws and sanctions
- condominium documents
- insurance premium increases
- standard insurable unit description
- resolving condominium disputes
- condominium unit rentals
Connect with the Consumer Contact Centre: