Alberta Culture Days
Experience Alberta's largest celebration of arts, heritage, diversity and community spirit from September 28 to 30, 2018.
About Alberta Culture Days
Alberta Culture Days is an opportunity for Albertans to discover, experience and celebrate arts and culture through local events and activities across the province.
This three-day event is part of National Culture Days, which includes more than 800 communities from coast to coast, to increase awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities.
Alberta Culture Days helps achieve the goals of our province's cultural policy, The Spirit of Alberta.
Plan or submit your event
Anyone can host an Alberta Culture Days event.
It can be something simple like a neighbourhood block party, a behind-the-scene tour of an arts facility or as elaborate as a community concert. The opportunities are endless.
Use our event planning tips and tools to organize activities in your community.
Submit your event to the National Culture Days calendar.
Nearly 80 organizations have been selected to serve as official celebration sites for Alberta Culture Days 2018.
These organizations will lead the province in planning events and activities throughout the weekend.
Feature celebration sites
These sites offer 3 full days of programming.
- North region - Bonnyville and District Fine Arts Society, Bonnyville
- Edmonton region – Edmonton Opera Association
- Central region – Wetaskiwin & District Museum Society, Wetaskiwin
- Calgary region – The Alberta College of Art and Design, Calgary
- South region – Brooks Public Library, Brooks
Pop up and host celebration sites
These sites offer 1 to 2 days of programming.
- Association canadienne-française de l'Alberta, regionale de Jasper
- Barrhead Public Library
- Centre for Creative Arts Society
- Edson and District Historical Society
- Gift Lake Metis Settlement
- Grande Prairie Public Library
- Lakeland Interpretive Society
- Metis Nation of Alberta (MNA) Region 1
- Metis Nation of Alberta Local Council 1949 Owl River
- Multicultural Association of Wood Buffalo
- Paddle Prairie Metis Settlement
- Savanna Home and School Association
- The Kinette Club of Mayerthorpe
- Town of Peace River Library Board
- Alberta Craft Council
- Art Gallery of Alberta Society
- Arts Society of Strathcona County
- Citadel Theatre
- Edmonton Multicultural Coalition Society
- Francis Winspear Centre for Music
- La Societe des Amis de la Plantation Bugnet Friends of the Bugnet Plantation Society
- Metro Cinema Society
- National Black Coalition of Canada Edmonton
- Societe francophone des arts visuels de l'Alberta
- Society of Northern Alberta Print Artists
- St. Albert Cultivates the Arts Society
- The Playhouse Association
- University of the Philippines Alumni Association Edmonton
- Carstairs and District Historical Society
- Central Alberta Theatre
- Drayton Valley Fine Arts Society
- Enoch Cree Nation
- Lacombe Regional Tourism and Marketing Association
- Red Deer Arts Council
- Spruce Grove Public Library
- Studio 14 Art Association o/a The Gallery
- Tofield and Area Health Foundation
- Town of Irricana Library Board
- Town of Stony Plain Public Library
- Wetaskiwin Allied Art and Craft Centre
- Writers Foundation of Strathcona County
- Alberta Printmakers Society
- Antyx Community Arts Society
- Believe in the Gold
- Burc Intercultural Center
- Calgary Allied Arts Foundation
- Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre
- Calgary Reads (An Early Literacy Initiative) Society
- Canadian Badlands Artists Association
- City of Airdrie Library Board
- Cochrane Pipe Band Society
- Contemporary Calgary Arts Society
- cSPACE Projects
- EM Media Gallery & Production Society
- Korean Art Club
- Mathison Centre for Mental Health Education and Research
- Métis Nation of Alberta – Region 3
- Nose Creek Sports and Recreation Association (o/a) Vivo for Healthier Generations
- United Way of Calgary and Area
- Allied Arts Council of Lethbridge
- Bassano Arts Council
- Canadian Mountain Arts Foundation
- Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre
- Eden Valley #2 Bearspaw Nation
- Kainai Public Library
- Medicine Hat Public Library
- Miywasin Friendship Centre
- Okotoks Public Library
- Siksika Outreach School
- Society of Grasslands Naturalists
- Southern Alberta Taiko Society
- Strathmore Municipal Library
- Town of Banff Library Board
- Town of Redcliff Library Board
Alberta Culture Days
10708 105 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H 0A1