- April 21, 2023 – Deadline to submit questions
- April 28, 2023 – Deadline to submit proposal
- May 1 to May 19, 2023 – Evaluation of proposals
- June 12, 2023 – Written notice to successful proponent
Under Alberta at Work, the Alberta government is working to improve the labour market information available to students, employees and employers. As part of this enhancement, we are awarding a grant to support the establishment and research activities of an Alberta Centre for Labour Market Research at a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
The centre’s mandate is to provide Albertans with balanced, independent, and credible research and analysis on labour market issues affecting the province. This will be done by:
- developing and implementing a coordinated research agenda
- building and maintaining a network that may include researchers at other post-secondary institutions with a focus on labour market issues in Alberta
The Alberta government will provide the centre with a grant of up to $400,000 a year, for 2 years. The allocation of funding will be renewed on an annual basis.
Read the grant template for public bodies (PDF, 77 KB) to learn about the terms and conditions of the grant.
Principal applicants may submit a proposal only if they are based at an Alberta comprehensive academic and research university (CARU), which includes:
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- Athabasca University
Interested researchers at undergraduate universities, comprehensive community colleges, or other publicly-funded bodies are recommended to partner with applicants based at an Alberta CARU.
Learn more about the types of publicly funded post-secondary institutions in Alberta.
Applications must be submitted at the department level, with principal and co-applicants identified. Only one application per department will be accepted. We recommend that you partner with a network of researchers across departments at your institution to strengthen the application.
Submit a proposal
- Download and read the Alberta at Work – Alberta Centre for Labour Market Research Grant Application Guidelines
- Prepare your proposal, including:
- signed Application for Grant form (DOCX, 53 KB)
- Project Application form (DOCX, 58 KB)
- Budget template (XLSX, 15 KB)
- supporting documents, as applicable:
- resume or CV for the principal applicant
- resume or CV for each co-applicant
- proposed research agenda
- Email your proposal to [email protected] before April 28, 2023.
Our evaluation will be based on how the overall proposal package addresses the following selection criteria:
- project need
- project description
- activities and outputs
- ability to deliver
- risk management
Connect with us if you have questions or need more information:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.