COVID-19 response

The AINP continues to accept and process applications and Expressions of Interest (EOIs), with temporary adjustments to some application and assessment processes.

Find out how the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is responding to COVID-19.

Using an immigration representative

The AINP does not require you to use an immigration representative for your application or Expression of Interest (EOI). If you follow the instructions online, you can complete the application or EOI on your own.

Your application or EOI will not be given special attention or guaranteed approval if you use a representative.

PDF form issues

Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save forms:

  1. Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
  2. Launch Adobe Reader.
  3. Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.

If you decide to use a representative, you must fill out the AINP Use of a Representative form (PDF, 86 KB).

If you use a representative when you apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence, you must use the IRCC Use of a Representative form (PDF, 648 KB).

Only authorized representatives can charge a fee for their services. Before you pay anyone a fee, check their credentials to make sure they are authorized.

If you use an immigration representative, the AINP and the Government of Canada may still contact you directly about your application or EOI.

Beware of internet scams and false websites regarding immigration representatives.

National Occupational Classification

The National Occupational Classification (NOC) system, developed by the federal government, classifies every job in Canada and assigns it a four-digit National Occupational Classification code.

Your NOC code will determine your eligibility to apply to the AINP.


The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) will assess your foreign educational credentials and provide information on how your credentials compare to educational standards in Canada.

Language supports

The following resources can help assess your current level of language skills or find training to help you improve:

Edmonton: Language Assessment, Referral, and Counselling Centre (LARCC)

Calgary: Immigrant Language and Vocational Assessment – Referral Centre (ILVARC)

Southern Alberta: Southern Alberta Language Assessment Services (SALAS)

Medicine Hat: Karen Ziemann Consultants. Phone: 403-527-5062


The AINP accepts educational documents, work reference letters or other documents in English or French. Documents in other languages may require translation. Details on translation requirements are included in AINP Document Checklists for each stream.